The following fundamental principles provide the guidelines of our Kindergarten:
- Early child development sets the foundation for a lifelong love of learning, health, well-being and sense of security.
- Partnerships with families and the community provide the school with better opportunities and settings to meet the changing needs of young children.
- Respect for individual temperaments and personal uniqueness, as well as awareness of the personal circumstances in a child’s life are prerequisites for optimal development and learning.
- A planned curriculum which supports all areas of early learning.
- Practical experience as a means to learning that capitalizes on children’s natural curiosity.
- Teachers who are knowledgeable, approachable and competent in observing both verbal and non-verbal behavior with the ability to assess the child and respond appropriately.
- Providing skills and knowledge which will make the transition into Primary School smooth and stress-free.
Our Kindergarten follows the Thai Kindergarten curriculum, which we have translated into English and supplemented with International methods and teaching materials.
By integrating different learning styles into the course outline, we provide each child with the tools they will need to succeed. Music, visual media and creative movement alongside more traditional learning activities help the children to learn, develop and grow. A big emphasis is placed on numeracy and literacy skills. Learning is theme-based wherever possible, particularly in Social Science. We follow a structured literacy and phonics system from Pre-Kindergarten through to Kindergarten 3.
Special subjects such as Song & Drama, computer skills, art, sport and swimming classes are offered once or twice a week.
Each day’s learning plan is designed to accommodate structured lessons, special subjects, free play and creative play.